Saturday, May 21, 2005

Bigfoot Speaks

For all the cryptozoologists out there (and all you kids aspiring to this lucrative and prestigious field) may I recommend the funniest book I've read this year - possibly this decade, in fact: In Me Own Words: The Autobiography of Bigfoot.

In this illustrated memoir sasquatch describes his loathing for Chewbacca, his longing for the girl who ditched him on prom night, his short-lived grunge rock and screenwriting careers, his troubled friendship with Koko, celebrity gorilla and cat fetishist, and his problems with his own cat Craig. I was particularly moved by his memories of childhood, when he had a hard time making friends because the other kids "say I too rough. Say I kill too much. Who make them judge and jury?"

And then there are the chapters titled simply "I You Private Dancer" and "I Feel Pretty" which I shall not describe here, since they really must be seen to be appreciated.

The fellow responsible, one Graham Roumieu, has another volume out entitled
A Really Super Book About Squirrels. If his bigfoot book is anything to go by, it's probably...well...super.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home